Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jungle Warfare - A Basic Field Manual for Christians in Sales

Jungle Warfarre
A Basic Field Manual for
Christians in Sales

by
Christopher A. Cunningham
Copyright 2010
Published by: Thomas Nelson
ISBN 978-1-59555-147-4

I was prepared to find nothing good about this book. After all I am not a salesperson.

I was prepared to find the jungle warfare analogy boring. After all, I am not a soldier.

I was prepared to dislike the book. After all, I had never even heard of the author before.

I wasn't prepared to
[a] find that we are all salepersons!
[b] find that I am a warrior at heart!
[c] find a brother in Christ in the author!

Each day we find ourselves facing the enemy. And this book gives us some straight forward ways of meeting the enemy, facing him head on, and being fully prepared to meet the battle!

This book lays out a simple plan of being prepared so that we are so committed to our Savior that there is no way we can possibly fail!

There is one paragraph that stands out above all others to me, that Cunningham brings to light:
"The fear of the Lord is the reverent knowledge that God is holy. When you realize this sacred truth, you will do anything you can to make sure that your actions, your business plans, and your life all reflect this insight. You will find that you "fear" being outside of God's presence and approval. We must desire to be in Christ when we make decisions so God doesn't have to call our motives into account. God has an exciting plan! So commune with God, obey His simple directions, and commit your plans to Him. Then your plans will succeed."

This simple truth is true no matter what you are attempting to face! Be that as a salesperson, a college or high school student. a housewife, a business executive, a mother, a father, whatever!

Cunningham's plans are distinctive and unique in that they separate us from the plans of the world. Bringing us always to the center of God's Will.

I give this book my five star rating...

...and my thumbs up award!


I highly recommend Jungle Warfare  for every home library, and believe it is essential to high school seniors and those in college especially! What a wonderful gift for a young person just starting out in life as an adult!



****DISCLOSURE: A copy of this book was provided by Thomas Nelson's BookSneeze program in exchange for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment