Friday, April 30, 2010

Inspirational Zingers Jumble


Inspirational Zingers Jumble
Christopher Hudson with Megan Chrans
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. 2010
ISBN 978-1-4143-2697-9

Although I am a huge fan of newspaper puzzles, I have often felt a lack of stimulation when doing puzzles that come to me in paperback form. They are usually either extremely easy, [boring!], or so abstract that only Einstein or Freud could reach the correct conclusions!

I was pleasantly surprised, however, when I cracked open Inspirational Zingers Jumble by Christopher Hudson.

You know those wonderful 'Jumble' puzzles that you get in the national newspapers, that contain a secret message when you have finished the entire puzzle? Well, with Hudson's book, you can enjoy those popular puzzles while being encouraged by inspirational thoughts when you obtain the message in the end!

This delightful puzzle book contains 6 different kinds of 'Jumble' puzzles:

    *  Jumbles

    *  Double Jumbles

    *  Mystery Person Jumbles

    *  Word Search Jumbles

    *  Super Jumbles

    *  Criss-Cross Jumbles


I've carried the book around with me for the past several days, and have found the puzzles quite addicting! I've worked them in between client research; while on hold on the telephone; during commercials while watching television in the evening; and even during a well deserved quiet time in the bubble bath!

I highly recommend this book if you enjoy working puzzles. They aren't so difficult that you need assistance to solve them, and yet, they each and every one offer you a moment of enlightenment when you solve the final inspirational quote.

I give this book five [5] stars! *****

Christopher Hudson

Christopher Hudson is a contributor to many Bible reference and entertaining books, including 'Brain Busters', 'Mysteries of the Bible',  and the popular 'What the Bible Says About...' series.

Hudson lives in northern Illinois with his wife and children.


***A copy of this book was provided to me by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. for review. No monetary exchange was given for this review. This review contains my true and personal opinions of this book. - cbh

No comments:

Post a Comment