Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Swiped - by Evan Angler


Swiped
By Evan Angler
Copyright Evan Angler – 2011
Published by Tommy Nelson
ISBN 978-1-4003-1836-0

Okay, so I learned a lesson the hard way here….

don’t volunteer to read books for teens if they don’t interest you! Ugh!

Swiped really is an excellent book, although a bit drawn out for my taste. And just about the time it had me hooked… I come to the end of the book and find I’ve got to purchase the next in the series to find out what happens to our hero and heroine! [Not something I have ever been a fan of! Cliffhangers are simply not my cup of tea!]

Based in a post third World War America, unlikely teens join forces to discover why some teens who test for getting the ”mark” don’t return. Both with ulterior motives of their own.

Unfortunately, I began reading the book expecting it to be a post-rapture work where everyone must have the “mark” to buy or sell. The unknowing teen will be totally at a loss. And I am afraid Angler leaves them without a proper ending to this particular segment of the story! You are literally left hanging on the line at the end of this book, knowing nothing more than what you started with. Not a lot.

Perhaps when the series is completed, and if read one right after the other, the reader might make heads or tails of the story.

I don’t believe the average teen will be hooked by this single edition.

I have to give Swiped only….

…three stars, and a …

…thumbs down.

***DISCLOSURE: This book was provided by Book Sneeze in exchange for an independent and non-biased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment