Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Okay, so it's been since November that I last reported here. But I promise to make this post one that you will want to read through. I'm calling this the Good, the Bad, the Ugly because there is a variety to come!

Let's begin with a book that was difficult to read, and took some time to get through:
The Lost Gospel
Decoding the Ancient Text That Reveals Jesus' Marriage to Mary the Magdalene
by
Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson

Copyright 2014 Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson
 
Pegasus Books LLC
80 Broad Street, 5th Floor
 
New York, NY 10004
ISBN: 978-1-60598-729-3 (e-book)
Distributed by W.W.Norton & Company, Inc.
I won’t deny that I purchased this book after seeing a television broadcast with Simcha Jacobovici a few weeks ago. He claimed that he had proven Jesus’ DNA and uncovered the Lost Ark of the Covenant. Unfortunately he had no photographs to prove this. But he was compelling. And when he stated he had proof of Jesus’ marriage to the Magdalene, well I was hooked. (I have always secretly believed that this may be so.) Everything in our scriptures points to a secret held about the two, and if Jesus was raised a good Jewish boy, he would have been expected to have married well before the age he was when he began teaching the public and the crowds at large.
The two authors pose a long line of secrets held within a secret document, which they do include, titled Joseph and Aseneth, that is actually coded to stand for Jesus and the Magdalene. I was still hooked when reading this.
 
The reason I am giving this book only 1 star, is that the author later in the book poses that Jesus may not have had an immaculate conception.
As a Bible believer and my faith steadfastly planted on the Virgin Birth of my Savior, I cannot even contemplate that Jesus was born of a Roman slave/soldier named Pantera. This goes against everything I believe. I can, however, easily contemplate a marriage by Jesus. There is nothing that says He was not married. But there is everything that says His mother was a virgin at His birth.
 
Notice that I use capital letters when using the noun for Him? That is because as a true deity He/Him/His is in standing with my belief that He was a miracle at birth, and again at His resurrection. By taking away those two things, and indicating that He might not have actually died….it is hypocrisy for me to believe.

Therefore, it is my humble opinion that the authors try too hard to make their case in this book, which I am told is over 500 pages in length (sorry, my Kindle HD does not show page numbers for this e-book, just percentage read). Way too hard.

As a born-again, Bible believing Christian, I have to take this book as profane. The Jesus I pray too everyday was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and there was no sexual intercourse involved.

The same God who created this universe is the same God who sent His Spirit to conceive a child who was not quite human, and not quite a total deity on this earth. He suffered as no deity ever has. And He rose again the third day.

Simple and plain, I give this book one star. And I suggest you only read this book if your faith is firmly grounded. If you are a non-believer, I suggest you not read this book before finding a priest, or minister, who can counsel you first. One star, and a big thumbs down.

One Star

Big Thumbs Down!
 
***************************
 
Easy Gluten-Free Slow Cooking
For Two or Just for You
 
This book offers no information as far as copyright or publishing, it is an eBook from Amazon.com .
 
The author offers several tasty dishes to pick from, 33 in all. Her recipes include poultry, beef, lamb, stocks, vegetables, and fruit. Enough to make a tasty dinner and dessert! I was very impressed with this book. It is well written. Short. I would have liked to have more recipes included, but what is here makes the book worth the purchase.
 
I give this book...
 
...Five Stars and...
 
 
 

...a Big Thumbs Up!
 
 
 
****************************
 
 
 
Bossy!
8 Steps to take you from Paycheck to Prosperity with a home-based business
by
Gerri Chambers
copyright 2014 by Gerri Chambers
 
 
I'm sorry, but this book was a total waste of my time. In actuality it is an advertisement for the authors own business, which is in coaching new entrepreneurs. I found little of helpful or insightful information. If you can get the book for free you might find something I overlooked; otherwise, keep the $9.99 which is the regular retail price for the Kindle version, and use it for business cards!
 
I give this book...
 
...One Star and...

 a Big Thumbs Down.
 
***********************
 
 
 
Adrenal Reset Diet Cookbook
by
David Harris
Copyright 2014 - David Harris
 
 
Yet another eBook for the Kindle. I found this a delightful read. And the recipes are great! They will help to reset your bodies own hormones and metabolism to burn, burn, burn fat! The author offers you recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper;  along with Desserts and Shakes. Well worth the money for this book!
 
I give this....
 
 
...Five Stars and....

a Big Thumbs Up!
 
*************************
 
This will be all for this time, and I have many more to add later!
 
For now, grab a book, either a solid book, or an eBook, it doesn't matter, just get Reading to keep your mind sharp and healthy!
 
 
***DISCLOSURE: All of these books listed above were private purchases and I was not required to give them a review.
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment