Thursday, October 22, 2020

With Child by Andy Martin

 


With Child
Lee Child and the Readers of Jack Reacher
by
Andy Martin
Copyright © 2019 by Andy Martin
Polity Press, Medford, MA
ISBN-13: 978-1-5095-3821-9

What an awesome read!

Andy Martin follows Lee Child as he writes, yet another, Jack Reacher novel. This, of course, will delight scores of Jack Reacher followers. Dare I say fans? Just gaze through a simple Google search and you will find dozen's of Jack Reacher Fan Club's. There's even a 100% Fan Club, exclusively for those who have read all Jack Reacher novels!

Martin has an assignment. That's quite simple, or one would think so. But Martin is supposed to be Lee Child's ghostly partner for the duration of this latest book. He is there from inception, until the completion of the novel is sent to the publisher's office. At this time, Martin is sending his finished manuscript to his publisher as well.

With Child is both serious, and comedic, to say the least! There are some pretty personal scenes, as well as a few tell-all ones. The entire book will keep you reading. I don't believe I have ever read of such an idea before, following a writer from beginning to the end. Great idea by the way!

I can't say I'm a Reacher fan, having never read a Jack Reacher novel. (I know, I know! I must be the only one in America that hasn't read it!) And while I enjoyed this work immensely, it did not entice me to go out and purchase a Jack Reacher novel, just to find out if I liked it or not. According to Martin, Jack Reacher is a bulked up, chesty dude, who has very few emotions, and isn't one for romance. Uhhh, that kind of Does Not hit a chord of excitement in my idea of a must read.

Martin did a most excellent job of writing. His wit and candor made for a good read. His self-correction a long the way were refreshing. His ability to make what seems a very boring conversation or meet, were very interesting. Not bored even once! (I know, Mr. Martin, you're probably correcting my many grammar mistakes in this review.)

I do highly recommend this for a great read! And I rate this book...


...FIVE STARS
and a BIG...


...THUMBS UP!

You can purchase this book on Amazon HERE.
Hardcover: $49.20
Paperback: $6.15
Kindle: $3.82





DISCLOSURE: This book was provided by Amazon Vine, at no charge to the author of this blog, in exchange for a fair and impartial review. All opinions listed above are those of the author of this blog.









No comments:

Post a Comment