Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
by Stieg Larsson
Vintage Books
2008
ISBN 978-0-307-47347-9

This was a difficult read for me. I simply could not get into the characters.Yet, there has been such hullaballoo regarding this book, and received such wonderful reviews everywhere I turned, that I thought I would simply do it injustice if I did not allow myself to read it thoroughly. And so it sat in my bathroom. And yes... I read it only when going to the loo.

And yes. I began this book well before the holidays. And yes... I did indeed read a page or two each time I went into the WC.

But I could not get into it.

The story began with a journalist who was going to have to do prison time for libel. And then there was cross referencing of a twenty-something punk girl who was more trouble than she was worth!

It wasn't until last week, when I'd finally reached the mid-point of the book that suddenly I began spending more time in the john than normal! And by yesterday... well, I simply had to finish the last few chapters stretched out across my bed in a frenzy read to see what would happen next!

Let's just say that the journalist did NOT commit libel. And this unlikely duo teams up to foil the man who caused so much grief.

In the middle of all of this is a murder mystery, that is so twisted and contorted that you'll think your own head is turned around backwards by the time you find out the truth!

This is a book I will revisit at a later date, and read through in just a few sittings. Yes... it's that good!

My suggestion? If you find yourself bogged down at the beginning, read through it quickly. By the middle of the book, you will be hooked!!!

No... I have not seen the movie yet. But I am not sure that I want to. Often times I am quite disappointed after reading a book when viewing a movie of the same because it seldoms lives up to the book. However, I'll consider it.

I give The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...

...five stars and...

...my thumbs up award!


Disclosure: This book was purchased by Texicanwife for private review.

No comments:

Post a Comment