Sunday, January 30, 2011

The New Face of Small Town America

The New Face of Small-Town America
Snapshots of Latino Life in Allentown, Pennsylvania
by
Edgar Sandoval
The Pennsylvania State University Press
2010
ISBN: 978-0-271-03674-8
ANSI Z39.48-1992

I was prepared to read the usual hype regarding a "minority" group in this country.

Instead, Sandoval pleasantly surprises you with the heartfelt and heartwarming stories of a variety if individuals.

These are not the "poor me", American-hating individuals that we hear so much about. Instead, these are stories filled with hope, pride, and enthusiasm for life! Individuals who just want to "be"!

I highly recommend this book, which gives us a snapshot of the Latino life in Allentown, and in many communities around this country! It introduces us to the new generation of immigrants. One we should welcome with warmth!

I give this book my...
....five star rating and...

...my thumbs up award!


***Disclosure: This book was provided free of charge from the Early Reviewer  program of Library Thing., in exchange of a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment