Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Philosopher's Apprentice

The Philosopher's Apprentice
A Novel
James Morrow
Copyright James Morrow 2008
HarperCollins books
ISBN 978-0-06-135144-0

Morrow started out well enough, with a fantasy read that lead us down a path of DNA and genome make believe, where an individual is cloned rather than chosing a reproductive path in order to experience motherhood.

We ended up in sci-fi nightmare!

I could almost believe the beginning of the story, told convincingly and with at least a modicum of heart. However, I soon began to lose interest when the absurdly ridiculous became the apparent course of the novels journey!

It isn't often when I am unable to find it within myself to give an author a modicum of interest to the very end of the tome, but in The Philosopher's Apprentice I have struggled for 10 days to finish that which I have finally given up on.

I find the book totally unrealistic and without governing morals.

Since I found it in the 99-cents store, I suppose I should have known what to expect.

I rate this ...
...one star, simply because it did have a great, plausible beginning. But I have to give it....

...a thumbs down, and suggest you keep the kiddies away from it!

****DISCLOSURE: This book was a private purchase and was under no obligation for review.



No comments:

Post a Comment