Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Elizabeth's Ultimate Sacrifice - Julie A. Bowles


Elizabeth's Ultimate Sacrifice
by
Julie A. Bowles
Coppyright 2004 Julie A. Bowles
Published by PublishAmerica, LLLP
ISBN: 1-4137-5065-6

This is the second book by Julie Bowles that I have been privileged to read this week! The first, Her Uncertain Future was reviewed here. And I was immediately enthralled with the young writer!

In Elizabeth's Ultimate Sacrifice we are shown a new character, Elizabeth, who is forced to become a responsible adult at way too young an age! Faced with the loss of both parents, and having to take on the responsibilities of raising her three younger siblings, even to the point of adopting the youngest, in order to keep them all together, Elizabeth must learn the hard way that sometimes being the one in charge comes with making sacrifices.

Through it all, Elizabeth relies upon her faith in God to carry her through. And He does!

Ultimately, in the end, Elizabeth is given all she could have ever dreamed for. And more! The lesson learned is simply this.... what an awesome God we serve! His eye is ever upon us, and He cares for our every need!

My only negative remark regarding this book is that I wish Ms. Bowles had used an editor. While not a true grammar efficionado, I was, at times, tempted to grab my red pen and do a little correcting! But, perhaps if I had, Elizabeth's true story would not have been the one I saw so clearly in this book!

I highly recommend Elizabeth's Ultimate Sacrifice for readers of all ages who enjoy a good romance! This is one that will make you smile, laugh, and maybe shed a tear or two!

I give this book...

...Five Stars and....



...my Thumbs Up Award!


****DISCLOSURE: This book was a private purchase and was not under obligation for review. [It helped that the author's husband is a co-worker and he sang the author's praises before I ever cracked the cover open!]

No comments:

Post a Comment