Saturday, September 24, 2011

Christmas In Sugarcreek - by Shelley Shepard Gray


Christmas in Sugarcreek
by
Shelley Shepard Gray
an Avon Inspire Book
Oublished by HarperCollins books
Copyright 2011 by Shelley Shepard Gray
ISBN: 978-0-06-2089762

This is a wonderful faith-filled combination of stories taking place in the Amish community of Sugarcreek.

In this wonderful, quaint town we meet Rebecca, Judith and Lilly. Each young girl struggles with new-found responsibilities, as well as their faith, and a new love.

This is the first Amish love story I have read, although I understand they are quite the popular Christian book genre! Rest assured.... this will not be the last!

Rebecca finds a love with a young man running from his past. Judith with a young man that doesn't mind her impoverished state. And Lilly with an older man willing to go against his family, and his way of life, to embrace their life together.

All three find a love to last a lifetime! All in the Amish community of Sugarcreek.

Kind of makes me wish I could travel there to celebrate my own Christmas this year!

I give this book...


...Five Stars and...




...my Thumbs Up Award!

I highly recommend this reading for youth, young adults and adults of all ages. Would make an excellent group study [and there's even group questions in the back!]



****DISCLOSURE: This book was provided as part of the Amazon Vine program in consideration for an independent review of the writer's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment