Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sherman - The Ruthless Victor by Agostino Von Hassell and Ed Breslin


Sherman - The Ruthless Victor
by
Agostino Von Hassell and Ed Breslin
copyright 2011 Agostibo Von Hassell & Ed Breslin
Thomas Nelson, Inc.
ISBN 978-1-59555-133-7

This book was a difficult read for me. At my age, I prefer books that are uplifting and inspiring.

I found nothing uplifting or inspiring in the story of William Tecumseh Sherman.

Instead I found a military man who regarded his in-laws as domineering, and wished to make himself aloof to them. At times to the point of alienation.  His gruff demeanor would have been a burden on any wife, and yet how his wife perceived him isn't addressed by the writers.

I found him harsh and uncaring. And when reading between the lines, perhaps even endangering to those put under his charge.

I do not care for this book at all, and cannot begin to imagine how this biography made it into The Generals series of books.

I allow this book ...
...one star alone and that is entirely for the photographs included.

I do not recommend this book to anyone under the age of 18, and it  should be read solely as a lesson in how a young man should not lead his life.

****Disclosure: This book was provided by Book Sneeze in exchange for an independent and non-bised review.

No comments:

Post a Comment