Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Way How Elvis Presley became Elvis!


My Way How Elvis Presley became ELVIS!
by Sherry Lee Hoppe
Wakestone Legacy Series
Volume 2
Wakestone Press
Copyright 2011 by Sherry Lee Hoppe
ISBN 13..........978-1-60956-013-3

Written as though every person picking up the book will already know about everything there is to know about Elvis Presley, Hoppe vacillates between denigrating a legend and building it up.

Written for the young adult crowd, I felt it was almost childish at points, and I have the sense that young people will get the impression that they are being treated as imbeciles. Sensitive subjects are treated every which way but sensitively. And the long history of substance abuse, as well as food addiction is treated way too casually.

If a young person is a true, die-hard Elvis fan, they might get a kick out of this book. Otherwise, I’d tell them to leave it on the shelf.

I give the book 3-Stars.

*** DISCLOSURE: This was book was provided through Library Thing Early Reviewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment