Saturday, July 14, 2018

What Jesus Would Say by Lee Strobel


What Would Jesus Say To:
Rush Limbaugh
Madonna
Bill Clinton
Michael Jordan
Bart Simpson
Donald Trump
Murphy Brown
Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Mother Teresa
David Letterman
& You!
By Lee Strobel
Copyright ©1994 Lee Strobel
Zondervan Publishing House
ISBN: 0-310-48511-8
172 Pages
Completed: 07/14/2018


Okay, so this book may be a l -i - t -t-l-e outdated, coming from 1994. However, I believe the message is just as prevalent  today. That of God's great love for mankind, and His mercy are never ending. That Jesus came to pay for our sins. And that no matter what you have done, you are welcomed by Him and can be forgiven by Him.

Strobel touches on just about every calamity known in the US still today: the decline of morals; sexual promiscuity; one parent households; greediness; and insecurity.

I found myself having to lay the book down a few times to absorb all that the author brought up. It touched me in such a way that I found myself repenting of long lost sins that I had forgotten about. And it was like a huge weight, that I hadn't known I was carrying around, fell from my shoulders. I felt reintroduced to my Savior's love. I was invigorated and excited as I haven't been in years.

In some cases, the author even uses fictional characters to get a point across (Bart Simpson, and Murphy Brown, for instance), and does a wonderful job.

I found this book highly enlightening and just a relevant today as when it was written. I highly recommend it for all.

I give this book 
And a big



****DISCLOSURE: This book was a private purchase and under no obligation for review.




No comments:

Post a Comment