Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hungry Girl 300 Under 300 - Lisa Lillien


Hungry Girl 300 Under 300
by
Lisa Lillien
Copyright 2011
St. Martin's Griffin
ISBN 978-0-312-67681-0

Consider this book my "next to the Bible" go-to-for-cooking", do-it-all for my kitchen book!

Or to put it simpler.... my new BFF!!!

Three hundred recipes under 300 calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

You got that right, girlfriend! All of 'em under three-hundred-calories!!!

And I'm not talking pasty, cardboard wanna-be recipes! I'm talking scrumptious, easy and quick to fix recipes that you're gonna use time and time again!

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw this book on the shelf in my local Walmart. My eldest son had just given me a little money for Mother's Day, and dontcha know I was eager to spend it, but wanted to spend it wisely, when I saw this little treat there!

Well, it's the best Mother's Day present I think I've ever gotten!

I've already made more than a dozen of these scrump-dilly-icious recipes, and I can't stop coming back for more of 'em!!!

The only drawback I found is that HG tends to use processed foods for cutting corners. To make the recipes with less processed and less sodium, I found that you can simply substitute with fresh ingredients and come up with an even healthier meal!!! The basics are there and can't be denied... these are the best recipes all around!

If you're like I am, and trying to fight the battle of the bulge.... then this book is for you!

I give this one....
....five stars and my.....

...thumbs up award!


****DISCLOSURE: This book was a private purchase and I was under no obligation to offer review on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment