Friday, August 5, 2011

Manual for Living: Connection


Manual For Living: A User's Guide to the Meaning of Life - Connection - Book Two
by
Seth David Chernoff
Spirit Scope Publishing
2011
ISBN-13: 978-19372

It's not often that I find a book or text that I am totally turned off by.... however, this is one of the exceptions.

I found the author's "advice" to be so much rhetoric and "foofraw" that I simply could not get into it!

Not insightful in the least, and appears to be based upon the common knowledge of others!

The sole truth that I found in the book was a quote at the beginning of the Conclusion  of the book by Friedrich Nietzche: "There are no facts, only interpretations." And I am certain Chernoff feels he has made astounding interpretations here. And perhaps for some it is so. However, I was bored beyond tears, and found nothing insightful, educational, or entertaining about the book. And those are the three that would have caught me. Any single one of them would have had me hanging on. This, however, lacked any of these ingredients.

I cannot willingly give the writer any stars, however, since I have never NOT given any stars, I will concede to a single star...
...for having good grammar and correctly making the quotes he made at the beginning of each section of the book.

Unfortunately, I do not recommend this book, and advise you not to waste your time borrowing it, or your money buying it!

I give this book...

...my Thumbs Down award.


****DISCLOSURE: This book was sent to me by the publisher as a pre-release for non-biased independent review.

No comments:

Post a Comment