Thursday, March 1, 2012

Where Has Oprah Taken Us? - by Stephen Mansfield

Where Has Oprah Taken Us?
by Stephen Mansfield
copyright 2011 by Stephen Mansfield
Thomas Nelson, Inc.
ISBN: 978-1-59555-308-9

Mansfield explores the national phenomena known as Oprah Winfrey in this book.

Having once been a close television follower of the icon, and later disillusioned by her, I really wanted to see how a Christian writer would interpret her.

I am pleased to see that we share many of the same views.

Mansfield writes: "And so we have examined four pillars of Oprah Winfrey's religious worldview and seven principles of her philosophy and I have disagreed with all of them. I can do no other. I am, as I admitted in the introduction to this book, a Christian, and what Oprah Winfrey believes cuts across every major doctrine of the Christian faith. In fact, it cuts across nearly every major doctrine of nearly every major traditional faith except Hinduism and a few other Eastern religions. Beyond my own perspectives, though, what she believes is illogical, inconsistent, arrogant, destructive, and amazingly naive."

Mr. Mansfield, those of us who truly follow the beliefs as set out in the Scriptures can only agree with you.

I would hope that every pastor in America would keep a copy of this book in his or her library, and share with those individuals who seem to have fallen in to the Oprah trap.

That being said, the woman does teach a lot of good as well. Charity. Understanding. And love. But in the mistaken identity of her own narcissism and god-head.

I give this book...

....Five Stars and...

...my Thumbs Up!


****DISCLOSURE: This book was provided by Amazon Vine in exchange for a non-biased and independent review.

No comments:

Post a Comment