Sunday, February 10, 2019

Classic German Baking by Louisa Weiss

Classic German Baking
By
Louisa Weiss
Copyright ©2016 by Louisa Weiss
Published By
Ten Speed Press,
an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group,
a division of Penguin Random House LLC, New York
LCCN 2016020968 (ebook)

    This cookbook will have you salivating at the word go! I was raised on the fringes of German cooking. Mom's Dad was second-generation American from a German immigrant. His wife, my grandmother, was also raised second-generation from the Alsace Region, which is also a great French/German region with similar foods.

  In my early adulthood, I spent some time in Europe, living mainly in Germany. I was even more drawn to their cooking! Heavy at times, it still embarks a sense of home and peace, tranquility to me, pulling me back in time to an era before I was even thought of.

    It was with great enjoyment I opened this cookbook on my Kindle. Sumptuous kuchen and brotchen recipes were assailing me. I could remember my Oma's kitchen smelling so wonderful! 

    Spicy pfeffernuse was my first recipe tried. My husband wasn't real thrilled with that. It's sweet, but not as sweet as say an American cookie. But I was smitten with all of the recipe's I was going to try! I haven't tried them all, yet, but I will eventually! They all look amazing!

    I give this book my highest recommendations! Recipes are easy to follow. Ingredients are not too hard to find (I purchased everything I needed from our local Kroger grocery store.

    I give this cookbook


Five Stars
and a big
Thumbs Up!

    This book can be purchased on Amazon here:




This sells for $18.99 Kindle; and is $23.79 for the Hardcover.


****DISCLOSURE: This book was a personal purchase and as such was not obligation for review. Links on this page may provide the page owner monetary entitlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment