Sunday, February 10, 2019

Personal Goals

Personal Goals

    In looking back over my goals and what I have accomplished, I see that my best recorded year for the number of books read was in 2010 and I had read 86 books. The last few years have slacked off as I went to work full time, was sick, or injured.

    I am determined to make 2019 my best year ever! So my personal goal for 2019 is to read 100 books. That's 8.33 books a month. So I'm a little behind with only 5-1/2 in so far! I need to read 2-1/2 to make for January, and another 8.33 for February! Yikes!

  YIKES! 

    I know I can do this! Cheer me on guys! A little less TV and computer play and I know I can do this! Yay!

    Have you made a goal for this year? If not, you don't have to make a big goal like I have, but one with which you can be comfortable. If you didn't read any books last year, make this the year you push yourself to reading one or two.

    And if you don't know what to read, check out some online suggestions. Goodreads and LibraryThing are great places to read some reviews and choose your books to read.

    So you say you can't afford to buy a book? Check out many of the free websites that offer free books for your Kindle, Nook, tablet or computer. A lot, but certainly not all, of my books are electronic books. I love it! My Kindle will bookmark my last page read and I can leave a book at any time and can go back to my last spot. Love that! Also, my already overflowing bookcases don't need any further space! That's not to say I don't still purchase a lot of study books in reality and not virtual! But electronic books are a great way to save space, and money!

    So, get out there, set a goal, and get started! With free books, there's no excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment