Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jesse James' Secret


Jesse James' Secret - Codes, Cover-Ups & Hidden Treasure
By Ron Pastore and John O'Melveny Woods
Intellect Publishing, LLC
First Edition: 2011
ISBN: 978-0-9729761-6-9


I found this book engaging. I simply could not put it down from the first page to the last!

I'm not sure what held me spell-bound... the chance to know more about Jesse James', who has held me spell-bound since a kid... or the chance to learn there really was a cover-up of sorts regarding Jesse James!

It certainly wasn't the author's writing style that held me. I found a preponderance of evidence that he would never become a true author of reknown. But then, he never claims to be, nor aspire to be!

He never truly unveils the secrets he claims to have uncovered. He simply implies and allows you minuscule glimpses into this "evidence". Full views are never uncurtained!

Throughout the entire book, one is given a "woe is me" look at the author's struggles to bring about this great tale of espionage, mystery, codes and hidden treasure. From one turn to another, the author is attacked, thwarted or disavowed. At times... it is nearly comedic!

Did I truly learn anything of value from Jesse James' Secret ? Can I tell you that the man believed to have died is or is not the real Jesse James?

No.

And while the author explains useage of DNA, and facial recognition software useage, and a dozen or so other methods, I am STILL left pondering... was it Jesse James that Bob Ford killed, or not?

I agree circumstancial evidence leaves one wondering...
...
...
...but then... I can take a 20-dollar bill and show you the prediction of the Twin Towers being struck on 9-11! Does that mean the prediction was real???

While the author may, or may not, be qualified to verify his allegations, he has not convinced me.

But then...

...
...
...I'm a "see it to believe it" kinda' girl.

*Disclosure: I received an advance copy of this text for review. This review is not influenced in any way, but is my own observations. - cbh

No comments:

Post a Comment