Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Vegangelical by Sarah Withrow King

Vegangelical
How Caring for Animals Can Shape Your Faith
by
Sarah Withrow King
©2016 Sarah Withrow King
Zondervan
ISBN 9780310522379

This book was a quick read for me. Too quick. So, I sat back and slowed down. And instead of devouring it, as I did the first time, I really read it. I tested it against the Scripture, and I was amazed.

As a Christian, I have thought many of the same thoughts the writer expressed in this book. But I never took the time to really soul search how I personally feel about the subject.

And that subject is Is it okay for a Christian to eat meat? Aren't the animals we consume also a part of God's great overall creation? Or is it wrong?

The author, Sarah Withrow King, takes us through her personal look at Scriptures and at what they have come to mean to her. She doesn't say it's a sin to eat meat, or animal by products. But she tells us how she interprets many of the Scriptures to mean that we should be good caretakers of all creatures.

The author takes you on a journey of introspect, never telling you that you must think as she does, but instead gives you the facts, offers you Scripture, and allows you to make up your own minds regarding this matter.

It did allow me to look at eating meat and consuming or using animal by products through the eyes of one who has chosen to follow Scripture as I feel God has set in my heart to do so. Not following a "religion", but my heart. My spirit. Allowing God to speak to me as I read.

This book has made a profound change in my life. A very profound change. It has lead me to a different path. One that will not be easy for me to take, but one I am compelled to follow. That of veganism.

I don't believe I will ever be the same again.

I give this book Five Stars.


A big Thumbs Up.


I won't tell you that I recommend this book. But I will say this: if you have had any questions in your mind regarding Christianity and veganism, then this is the book you will want to partner with your Bible to get to some soul searching. To get to your own answers.

I feel inept at writing this review, that's how life changing it has been for me.

And if you read it, and don't think veganism is for you, I hope you will at least be more aware of where your meat, and animal by products, including dairy, leather products and cosmetics, even pharmaceuticals, come from. How the treatment of animals has laid wide open a gap of cruelty and inhumane treatment to how well you enjoy the products you use. The alternatives are easily affordable and available.

Let us all become good stewards of those creatures, great and small, who share this planet with us.

You can purchase this book on Amazon.com here. It is available in a Kindle edition for $9.99 and a paperback edition for $10.92.







DISCLAIMER: This book was provided by Amazon Vine in exchange for a fair and impartial review. The opinions above are solely those of this blog's author.



No comments:

Post a Comment