Sunday, February 12, 2017

What Patients Say, What Doctors Hear by Danielle Ofri, MD


What Patients Say, What Doctors Hear
b y
Danielle Ofri, MD
©2017 by Danielle Ofri
Beacon Press Books
ISBN 9780807062630

I have found a new favorite author! At least in this book!

I have been saying for years that a physician needed to write a book that addressed the communication needed between a doctor and his/her patient. As a nurse, I am often confronted with patients that tell me their doctor doesn't understand them, that their doctor doesn't listen to a thing they say, that their doctor is in cahoots with big pharma and gets a kickback on giving them drugs and that's why they prescribe medication that doesn't work but keeps them coming back for more visits. And it goes on and on!

Ofri addresses these concerns. And she tells how both physician and patient can work together to come to some wonderful advances in patient care.

I can't praise Ofri enough for writing this book. It should become mandatory reading for all physicians, and medical staff! If we had been required to read this during my years in nursing school, it would have saved me a lot of trial and error before I came to a method that works for me. As I am sure there are many physicians who have read this and felt the same!

I give this book Five Stars.

And a big Thumbs Up.


I also give this my personal Highly Recommended Award.











DISCLAIMER: The above book was provided by Beacon Press in exchange for a fair and impartial review. The opinions listed above are solely those of this blog's author.




No comments:

Post a Comment