Monday, July 3, 2017

Memory's Last Breath: Field Notes on My Dementia - Gerda Saunders



Memory's Last Breath: Field Notes on My Dementia
by Gerda Saunders
Publisher: Hachette Books (June 13, 2017)
ISBN-13: 978-0316502627
Hardcover: 288 pages

This has been my favorite read so far this summer. A poignant look, through the first person eye of the writer, at dementia. As a geriatric nurse for 30 years, I have seen it come to many, many people. Slowly it attacks the mind. Until eventually, the person that houses the mind, is just a shell. The mind is gone.

Where does the mind wonder to in these individuals? How much of the world around them are they aware of?

These are all things the author contemplates. And she expounds on the way to becoming the lost mind.

At times (perhaps too many) I found myself in tears. At others, rooting the writer on as she decides to fight the disease process and not simply give in.

Well written. Well informed;. And truly a must read.

I give this book five stars,
and a big thumbs up!

I highly recommend this book. You can find it on Amazon  $18.36 for hardcover, $29.77 for Audio CD, and $13.99 for the ebook.



******DISCLAIMER: This book was provided by Amazon Vine in exchange for a fair and impartial review.




No comments:

Post a Comment