Monday, February 21, 2011

Curiosities of the Civil War - by Webb Garrison

Curiosities of the Civil War
Webb Garrison
Thomas Nelson Publishing
2011
ISBN: 978-1-59555-359-1
549pp

I have always held a fascination with the Civil War, so when I was offered the chance to review this book, I simply jumped at it! And I wasn't disappointed!

Garrison feeds us tidbits, facts, and fun stories of the Civil War as if they were bon bons to be enjoyed and savored!

At first glance, I thought to myself, I will have to read this one fact at a time and set it aside or I will soon be overwhelmed with facts and figures! However, Garrison leads us through a myriad tunnel of information, much as though we were walking through a fine art gallery, allowing us to stop and view each work and allow it to stand on its own merit before we procede further.

The front cover states "Strange Stories, Infamous Characters, & Bizarre Events". It doesn't disappoint!

If you're not into history, or the Civil War, you might want to skip over this one. But if you are... then you'll probably devour it as greedily as I did!

I give this one...
...five stars and...




... my thumbs up award!


****DISCLOSURE: This book was offered free for review from BookSneeze, a division of Thomas Nelson Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment