Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Slow Cooker Revolution by America's Test Kitchen

 
Slow Cooker Revolution
by America's Test Kitchen
Copyright © 2011by the Editors at America's Test Kitchen
ISBN13: 978-1-933615-69-1
 
Since I work evenings [2p.m. to 10:30p.m.] and don't make it home until around 11 or so at night, my hubby and grown daughter are often left to fend for themselves with dinner. How can I say this as politely as possible? They are lazy. Well, lazy when it comes to cooking. Even if I leave a well planned menu and instructions on how to cook it, the ingredients may languor on the counter, or in the fridge, until I have to throw them away.
 
So, it was with high anticipation that I purchased this book. In hopes that I could make sure they ate something more nutritious than Cheerios™ or packaged burritos from the gas station!
 
I have always trusted America's Test Kitchens, finding recipes and equipment reviews to be right on. So, I didn't hesitate to purchase this book when it came up on one of my recommended reading lists!
 
I was NOT disappointed!
 
200 recipes that are to die for! Some, I will admit, are a little more laborious than a simple drop the ingredients into the crockpot and walk away, but nonetheless, these are some awesome recipes! From lasagna to rustic potato and leek soup to chicken with white wine, terragon and cream, to weeknight beef chili to easy barbecued ribs!  And the desserts! Cherry cobbler, nutella bread pudding, chocolate fondue, and pears poached in red wine.
 
Easy to follow recipes, and simple ingredients. What more could a working woman ask for? I can get the meal started and put it in the slow cooker, and when it's dinner time, they simply have to serve it up!
 
I highly recommend Slow Cooker Revolution by America's Test Kitchen.
And I give it....
 
...Five Stars and...
 
 
 

 
...a Big Thumbs Up!
 
 
 
 
****DISCLOSURE: This book was a private purchase and under no obligation for review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment