Monday, November 11, 2013

The Philosopher's Kiss - Peter Prange

 
The Philosopher's Kiss
by
Peter Prange
Copyright © 2003 Droemer Verlag
Translation © 2011 Steven T. Murray
ATRIA Books 2011
ISBN 978-1-4391-6748-9
 
A wonderful, delightfully written historical novel that takes place in 18th century Paris. This gives us a first hand look at the making of the infamous Encyclopedia, for which so many were persecuted. And especially gives a look at the man responsible for the undertaking Denis Diderot and his consort Sophie Volland.
 
I found this novel a treat to read. For one day I was able to immerse myself in a story of love, betrayal, intrigue, political horror, and faith.
 
I highly recommend The Philosopher's Kiss. And I give it....
 

 
 
....Five Stars and...
 
 
 
 
 
... a Big Thumbs Up!
 
 
 
****DISCLOSURE: This book was a private purchase and I was under no obligation for review.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment