Sunday, May 13, 2018

Eve by Wm Paul Young


Eve
by Wm Paul Young
Copyright © Wm Paul Young
Published by Howard Books
ISBN: 978-1-5011-0142-7
303 Pages
Completed: 04/07/2018

I was loaned this book by a friend who thought I would enjoy it. Unfortunately, I simply could not. It was quite difficult to follow at times, and went against my beliefs as a Christian and what the Scripture teaches us.

Eve is about a young girl named Lilly, who is found nearly dead in a shipping container along a beach, filled with the bodies of dead young girls. We're never given a complete explanation of what happened to her, you simply assume by the hints presented that she was used in a prostitution ring.

Kept in a suspended state while healing, Lilly dreams and sees visions. One is of Eve. Yes, that Eve. Only she wasn't really seeing visions, but mentally transported. 

Lilly becomes a "Watcher", an observer. She observes the moment of creation. Of the earth. Of Adam. And eventually of Eve.

Somehow she is sent back and forth through the NOW to the THEN. Eventually she finds out the Creator calls her Lillith. Yeah, you get it. THAT Lillith.

There are spins on the variation of the story that make absolutely no sense.  I was bored to tears. Literally.

I won't give away any more of the plot. YOU might actually enjoy it. Just know it's not the traditional Adam/Eve/Lillith story we've all heard before. This has twists and turns, mountains and caverns that can get you lost if you don't pay attention.

I read the whole book, as an obligation to a friend who really enjoyed it, and thought I would as well. But unless you're into alternate creationism stories, I don't recommend it.

I give it a Thumbs Down.

I give it a single star, only because that's as low as you can go.


But if you really want to read it, you can find it for sale below.







DISCLAIMER: This book was a loan from a friend and was under no obligation for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment