Sunday, May 13, 2018

Killing Jesus by Stephen Mansfield

Killing Jesus
The Unknown Conspiracy Behind The World's Most Famous Execution
by Stephen Mansfield
Copyright © 2013 Stephen Mansfield
Worthy Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-61795-187-9
255 Pages
 Completed: 05/03/2018

Seriously, before I even begin, I have to tell you this is perhaps the best book I have ever read.

Mansfield is an artist. Truly. His capability of telling a story and projecting you into the scene brought the last days of Christ and the crucifixion to life. I was there! I really was!

I have never been so brutally moved in my 58 years on this earth! And I have read, and studied the crucifixion many times. I thought Mel Gibson's The Passion, was about as close as I would ever come.. But Mansfield is an extraordinarily talented and gifted writer! And he is very humbling. I went to his Facebook page and mentioned how much the book touched me. He was kind enough to personally respond. Do you know how few people actually do that?

He walks us through the Sanhedrin demanding the crucifixion of our Savior. The brutality of the beating he was given. And the scourging. I wept and wept, and can still, days later, weep from it. The piercing pain as the large nails were driven through Christ's wrists and feet. His literal suffocation. Seeing His mother in the crowd watching Him. His gasping for final breaths. His great last effort as He yells "It is finished!".

There is oh so much more here. The hidden agenda behind the crucifixion, which we are only now beginning to understand. The cruelty of those who would rather see a murderer freed than Jesus.

Pilate's lack of desire to do anything but keep the populace happy, and out of his hair, and his symbolic washing of his hands.

You will see, hear, feel, taste, and smell it all. And your heart will break as you see for the first time what it must have been like to have witnessed the horror.

I get more from a really good story teller than I do from a visual. I was overwhelmed with the Passion. But my life has been forever changed by Killing Jesus. And I think that's exactly what Mansfield intended. Lives will be changed by this book. 

I strongly recommend you read Killing Jesus by Stephen Mansfield.

I give this book a BIG thumbs up!

And I give it FIVE stars, the highest I can give!

And you can purchase the book below, just clock the link with the photo of the book.








DISCLAIMER: This book was on loan from a friend and as such was under no obligation for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment