Sunday, May 13, 2018

Prayers That Rout Demons by John Eckhardt


Prayers That Rout Demons
Prayers for Defeating Demons and Overthrowing the Power of Darkness
by John Eckhardt
Copyright © John Eckhardt 2007
Charisma House Publishers
ISBN: 978-1-59979-246-0
108 Pages
Completed: 05/05/2018

I was expecting a book that would literally offer me some prayer guidance for my church. Instead, I was given one page that had ANYTHING to do with demons. 

The author decides that all ills in life, no matter what they are, are simply caused by demons. From a flat tire, to an ingrown toenail! And offers a long list of Scriptures to use as prayers. 

I could not take the author seriously. It seemed he simply took a concordance, looked up different problems: Anger; Abuse; etc., and copied down the Scriptures that each of these offered in mentioning! 

Sincerely, my grandson could have given just as much information without even a try. He's 12 years old.

I was very disappointed. The book was promised to offer help and guidance for those who felt that demons were interfering in their lives. Instead, I received nothing more than a concordance with some half-hearted attempts at locating Scriptures. The author did at least write out each Scripture verse, and didn't just list a source. 

I do not recommend it. Use your concordance if you must, don't invest in another, cheaper, poorer version.

I give this a BIG thumbs down.

And I give it a single star as that is as low as you can go.




If you find you really want to check it out, however, here is where you can order a copy:




DISCLAIMER: This book was a private purchase and was under no obligation for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment