Wednesday, May 30, 2018

How To Pray When You Think You Can't by Marci Alborghetti

How to Pray When You Think You Can't
by Marci Alborghetti
Copyright © 2007 Marci Alborghetti
Published by Guideposts Books
153 Pages
Completed 05/30/2018

I was a little hesitant in reading this book, as I have always prayed in a conversational manner. I enjoy the intimacy of prayer as though speaking to my Father, informally, just as I would to my Dad or another respected member of my family. But the author soon put me at ease, as she, too, enjoys that informal prayer.

The author covers those moments when we may not know how to pray for something. Or when circumstances, for instance severe pain, may make it difficult to think clearly enough to pray.

The author takes on a course of Thanksgiving prayer, Psalm prayers, and conversational as well as formal prayer. The author discusses our need and ways to pray not only for ourselves but for others, as well. And she discusses both prayer partners and prayer groups, as well as prayer meetings. 

All in all, I was well pleased with this book, and came away excited to use some of the author's approaches to prayer. And a renewed desire to keep my prayer journal up to date. (I often put in my prayer requests so that I don't forget them, or forget someone I am praying for. But I more than often forget to put in when the prayer has been answered so that I may be certain to do a prayer of Thanksgiving for the answered prayer.)

I highly recommend you read a copy of this book, even if you feel, as I did, that your prayer life is just fine. It opened my eyes to the subtle nuances of prayer, and that closeness we feel when we pray both in need and in Thanksgiving. But mostly, it made me realize the need for prayer with an expectation of answer, in one form or another as God so chooses. And that is something we often forget.

I give this book a BIG thumbs up.
And FIVE stars.
This book is available on Amazon.com  below.











DISCLAIMER: This book was borrowed from a friend and was under no obligation for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment